4.28.2003

mourning innocence


i cried a river that ran red as the nile. i tore my soul in two pieces and sold one to the devil and the other to the lowest bidder, then bought a pack of camels with the profits. i felt my heart shatter into splinters and picked them up by hand until the pieces were embedded in each of my fingers and they bled. i held my arm up and watched the blood flow down towards my elbow. i waited for my roommate to fall asleep and i sat in the dark and i cried. i cried for innocence. i mourned her because no one else will. i mourned her because you were her last fucking refuge and you murdered her in a drunken stupor. innocence was hung by a latex noose, and left to swing for all the world to see. innocence is dead the newsboy said, she died and left us here to rot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home