11.04.2003

apathetic atheists



tick-tock, here goes my life

cut me from tit to toe, with your dullest knife

press it hard into my flesh

zig-zag across my ribcage, this is for the best

create a trickling trail of tuberculosis juice

my mind has held me down too long, time to cut it loose

the only ones who give a good goddamn about religion

only know what they've been told, they're the ones with tunnel-vision

the educated have become overrun by apathy

we've been beaten with the book of life, it's killed our sympathies

we'll be led by the blind no more, we shall not go on

we'll sit here with our eyes closed tight, forever waiting for the dawn

sheep in wolves' clothing, we're hardened to superstition

"fuck you and your phony god", emphasized by repetition

dressed in black and smoking camel reds

we don't know what is true, we'll tell you when we're dead

killing ourselves slowly: agnostic therapy

we'd rather be not sure than wrong, don't place your bet on me

i can't make out the meaning of the words upon the page

the only thing i know for sure is that life is but a stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home