5.04.2003

yellow lights


i took a short walk to the end of a long pier and peered out into the night.

i felt the waves below my feet and i saw the brightest yellow light.

i saw the light draw a line across the middle of the sea

i felt the chill of the western blackness calling out to me.

and the shore-side of the ocean called out a reply

drowning out the blackness screaming, "you're too young to die"

and last night i'd have called the bluff and drowned here all alone

but tonight that yellow light steals my pain and warms me to the bone.

and the fine line between innocence and evil is drawn by the yellow light

and young love is on the shore-side, but the blackness is last night

i think i'll bask here in the glow awhile, and have another cigarette

i'll swim back to shore when the yellow light has soaked up my regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home