11.07.2003

the death of discretion



a complete lack of personal discretion

takes me by the ears into the throes of depression

the sick sad moments of life spoken into a telephone

this overwhelming self-disclosure has me chewing my nails down to the bone

choke me with my shoelace and use this pen to slit my throat

crash this train into the ocean and pray to god that it won't float

disgust for my species turns my stomach upside-down

this poison in my ears has me dying just to drown

she told her hideous stories about her ugly things

well let me tell you about love and how bad heartbreak stings

the pacific flies by out the the window on my right

and the girl on my left is talking pretend suicide

she hates everything about her step-dad and his money and his house in la jolla hills

well let me tell you about a mom and son in a one room apartment, trying to pay the bills

he's in a hardcore band and his girlfriend's always dressed in black

mom works at the coffee shop and is dying for her old life back

dad doesn't live here anymore, he found a place in huntington beach

son is screaming sad songs and wondering when life slipped out of his reach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home