5.15.2003

taking leave of beauty



and now i have to leave the beauty of this place

now i have to leave the beauty radiating from your face.

now i have to fly away, into the fog and rain

now i have to fly away and drown inside the pain

and tearing you from me is like tearing heart from chest

and it will be two months again 'til i lay my head upon your breast.

but i'll bring memories of you in my carry-on, memories of us,

and memories of the six days that flew by and left us in the dust.

and i'm holding you in my arms, never wanting to let go,

but our time is done, my plane has come and i am heading home.

and home is hollow when it's not filled with you

and life is hollow without someone to fill your shoes

so smile that smile that makes me cry tears of joy out from my soul

and send me letters and best wishes, and a bit of you to fill this hole

you made me whole again, now i'm heading back towards incomplete,

and i'll be thinking of you as i lie in a pub eye-level with a hundred pairs of feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home