5.10.2003

salvation through exodus



i'm standing all alone in the dark, staring out at nothing in particular.

i'm dying all alone, of nothing in particular.

and nothing in particular is not specific enough to name,

but it's more than enough to fill me again with pain.

and i'm so mortally exhausted that everything's completely beautiful, and that beauty completely fills me, entering my consciousness and doing battle with the ugly things inside.

but the ugly things have died,

victims of a half-ass suicide.

razor blades and rose petals sharply juxtapose

the bridge of beauty's nose and the shape of beauty's toes.

and the palm trees on moana divide the ocean into rows.

and i feel heaven on my cheeks when the soft breeze blows.

and i'm sitting all alone in a place nobody knows,

it's one of those places where nothing always grows.

and the nothing is harvested by less than subtle crows.

and nothing in particular makes me fall in love with you.

and the nothingness makes me want to fucking puke.

i've tasted nothing but cigarettes and coffee for three days.

and this lack of sleep has me in a daze.

and feeling this way for you

is the worst thing i could do,

so i'll drop the subject and fly away from here.

and see if love is lying at the bottom of this beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home